Each Child Needs to Be Treated Individually in a Culture Where Everything Needs to Be Fair

There are aspects of remote teaching that I never saw coming.  The main problem I'm having right now is learning how to treat my students.  

Every single student is struggling.  They all need something different from me.  Some need me to back off because they are at their breaking point.  Others need me to be more strict with them because they are having difficulty staying motivated.  A few are struggling with mental health.  A number of students need one-on-one instruction.  

I don't know how to distinguish between the unmotivated student and the one wrestling with mental illness.  I don't which students are required to both attend virtual classes AND watch younger siblings.  I don't know which students are dealing with domestic abuse or neglect.  To be honest, I never knew these things, but at least the physical school environment had a level playing field.  

Each child needs to be treated individually in a culture where everything needs to be fair.  



Comments

  1. ** good luck ** and keep trying .... and have a good holiday before prowling 'round looking for ways to improve the fairness...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment