Classroom Window Makeover

This is pretty much what my classroom has looked like for the past, oh 6 to 7 years.  I have this beautiful wall of windows and we receive a great deal of natural light, but, that makes seeing any type of digital presentation challenging.  So, I started to make curtains to cut down on the glare....7 years ago.  I would purchase a flat twin sheet and sew it into a curtain.  You can see that I made four of them and then quit.  I quit mostly because I was lazy....and my sewing machine wasn't working correctly, and each window was costing about $10 just for the flat sheet.  With 10 windows that's a lot of money.  


Then I got to brainstorming and realized that plastic tablecloths would work great.  They're cheap, I could staple instead of sew, and they come in a variety of colors.  Our school mascot is an olympian (we are named after Jim Thorpe) and our colors are red, white, and blue.  Since the 4th of July is coming up I knew our dollar store would have a nice selection of those colors.  They did not disappoint.  




Although this picture looks nice, I felt that it wasn't quite there yet.  Then my friend across the hall (from I Teach Math) came over and suggested I tie each one individually and here is the result.    Perfect!  



Now for some fairy lights!!  :)

Comments