Hidden Squares Activity Goes Digital

Remember my hidden squares activity that I wrote about last year.

Click here to read about that.  You won't be sorry, it's a great activity.

We just finished this activity with 3 of my classes, roughly 65 students.  As much as I enjoy this activity, I do not enjoy the little scraps of paper all over the floor, the students who still cut paper as skillfully as a Kindergartener, and the  s l o w n e s s  of the students' pace with just creating the posters.  Not to mention the grading.  I don't mind the grading, it's just that I'm not willing to drag them all home to grade, I try to get them done at school.  Oh and I almost forgot to complain about buying the supplies.

Then I received an email from our tech coach about making virtual posters with Google Drawing.  If only she had sent this one week sooner.  Better yet:  why didn't I think of this?



4(x + 2) + 3x + 5 = 34
4x + 8 + 3x + 5 = 34
7x + 13 = 34
7x = 21
x = 3





Here is a link for you.

Comments

  1. As soon as I started reading the grief about pieces of paper, it reminded me of a cool activity about natural selection where circles are disributed over a background and students are "predators" and pluck the first ones they see... and it works a *whole* lot better digitally than with REal STuff.
    Great activity here, either way!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment