It Brings A Tear To Your Eye

Today there were a few minutes of class left after we completed the Green Highlighter activity, so I asked students to respond to my learning log prompt poster.  Here is a response that was totally unexpected:

"I was surprised by how I feel about math compared to math last year.  I struggled and barely passed.  I actually feel like I'm good at it now."

I'm not writing this post to brag about my students.  I'm encouraging you to ask your students to answer one of those prompts.  You never know what you'll uncover.

Comments

  1. I really like the idea of giving students a safe space to respond to each lesson. Do you have them keep their comments in a separate notebook that they leave in class? That way they could look back on their own thought progression.

    Mr. C
    ~Phila, PA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly? I forget about the poster a lot. I don’t have them comment on every lesson, mostly when I have more time remaining at the end of class than I anticipated. But, I like your idea of the students keeping a journal to see how their thoughts have either changed or stayed the same.

      Delete

Post a Comment