Friday, January 11, 2013

Lesson Plans and Google Docs

*Update* - I think I might be making another lesson plan change.  Check out the first comment on this post.  The website is amazing.


I'm a pencil and paper kind of gal.  So, when I made the switch from writing my lesson on paper to google docs, it was a big change for me.  In my district we are/were required to hand in a week's worth of lesson plans each Friday for the following week.  My problem with this is that I don't know what I'm doing from one day to the next.  This type of planning doesn't work well with formative assessment.  If the students need more time (or less time) for a particular topic, then the lesson plans need to change.  This resulted in a huge waste of my time, writing lesson plans that never came to fruition.  I decided to start writing my lesson plans on google doc and share those lesson with my administrators.

I can edit quickly (I can type faster than I write).  I can include links to website that I will need for that lesson.  I also include a reflection after the fact that will help in my planning next year.

My initial thought was to just tell you about this, but I feel that I should share it with you as well, warts and all.  Please don't judge me on my spelling or grammar.

Here it is.

1 comment:

  1. Check out commoncurriculum.com. Automatic links to CCSS, very customizable and easy to use.

    ReplyDelete